Location: Ontario, Canada | Start Date: 04/05/2016
Organisation: Fix Our Schools Campaign
We are a grassroots, non-partisan, parent-led campaign creating a large network of citizens across Ontario who all expect that:
· Every Ontario public school student attends a safe, well-maintained school
· The $15-Billion of disrepair across all 72 Ontario school boards is addressed
· Public schools are funded as critical to public infrastructure – on par with transit
HOW CAN YOU HELP?
· Subscribe to our e-mail list: www.fixourschools.ca
· Like us on Facebook: Fix Our Schools
· Follow us on Twitter: @Fix_Our_Schools
· Encourage others to do the same!
CURRENT FUNDING FACTS:
· Our provincial government has underfunded school repairs by $5.8-billion over the last five years, as per Ontario’s Auditor-General.
· Every single one of Ontario’s 72 school boards is impacted by the $15-billion repair backlog in Ontario’s publicly funded schools.
· Critical and urgent repairs now total $1.7-billion, as per Ontario’s Auditor-General.